Why would a business want to convert from a traditional landline service to a VoIP option? The answer is simple – cost savings and greater flexibility for your business. Leading VoIP providers can easily create a plan that can support your company’s calling requirements, all while requiring a lower monthly service charge than you’d expect with a traditional landline phone provider. If you are ready to make the transition to the latest in phone technology and communication, keep the following steps in mind to create a seamless switchover:
- Check your Internet connection: Routing your incoming and outgoing calls through the Internet demands a specific amount of bandwidth for your company. You’ll want to make sure that your current connection can effectively handle both your existing Internet needs and your new VoIP connection.
- Cancel your landline, or not? While many businesses find that switching over to VoIP makes total sense, you may want to keep a conventional landline in place in the event of a major emergency like a fire, earthquake, or snowstorm. Without a backup power supply, a VoIP system will crash. Remember, you’ll always need an Internet connection with a VoIP communication program. A backup power supply can easily address this issue.
- Analyze your calling habits: If you conduct a large amount of international business, or long-distance calling comprises a significant portion of your overall communication needs, you are the perfect candidate for VoIP. You’d be amazed at how inexpensive VoIP can be when it comes to long-distance calling or international communications. Even if you mainly communicate with local clients, these services will still provide generous cost savings.
- Decide on equipment: Some VoIP services require a lot of equipment to get you up and running, while others involve simply plugging a small unit into a wall outlet or USB port on an accessible router. When deciding on your preferred VoIP provider, discuss the equipment requirements and the related costs.
- Check for mobile support: When setting up your new VoIP program at the office, take a look at the consumer level products that are available as well. You may be able to save money by outfitting your business with a new communication protocol, while simultaneously using your provider’s application to enable lower-cost communication via a mobile device. The magicApp is one such mobile application that can facilitate inexpensive communication via a mobile phone or tablet.
When you are ready to convert your business over to the latest in Internet-based communication technology, make sure that you partner with a leader in the field who can help you to reduce costs and improve service at your business. There are several key steps to understand when managing the transition from traditional landline phone service to VoIP, but by working with a reputable organization you can look forward to years of trouble-free and inexpensive phone service that simply requires an Internet connection to operate. For more information on VoIP services, contact us today at 1-800-MAGICJACK (624-4252), or take a look at our products.